Code of Conduct
Stratford upon Avon Table Tennis Club
Code of Conduct
Stratford Town Table Tennis Club is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the well-being of all its members, ensuring a positive and enjoyable experience for all. We believe it is important that all members, coaches and parents associated with the club should, at all times, show respect and understanding for the safety and welfare of others.
Therefore, members are encouraged to be open at all times and to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the club with Kevin Taylor, Chairman & Club Welfare Officer.
All members or users of Stratford Upon Avon Table Tennis facilities must take responsibility in ensuring they are up to date with the rules, understand and adhere to them. All members or users must respect the rights, dignity and worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
All members or users must respect officials and publicly accept their decisions.
All members or users should be a positive role model, treat other players and officials with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you Use correct and proper language at all times; swearing or derogatory language is not permitted.
Members or users are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or drugs on club premises or whilst representing the club. Recognise that bullying of any sort will not be tolerated. Encourage everyone to enjoy sport and understand that people have different motivations for taking part.
Recognise that individuals bring different qualities and attributes but ‘together we will excel’
Display modesty in victory and graciousness in defeat; be sporting – whether I win or lose; always
acknowledge my opponent and the umpire at the end of a game with a handshake.
Control my temper; I understand that verbal, emotional and physical abuse or deliberately distracting an opponent is not acceptable
Never argue with a committee member, official or opponent during a match and will listen to and
respect decisions made by officials.
Respect club equipment by not mistreating or damaging it intentionally.
I will endeavour to abide by this Code of Conduct and promote it to others. I understand that if I fail to follow the code; Stratford Upon Avon Table Tennis Club may take action against me under the ‘Disciplinary Regulations’ found in the club rules, which may result in sanctions including fines and suspension
Stratford upon Avon Table Tennis Club Code of Conduct COVID-19
Codes of Conduct / Principles of Return
As a result of COVID-19, we at Stratford upon Avon TTC have updated our Codes of Conduct to ensure that a return
to play following COVID-19 is safe and in accordance with Table Tennis England and Government Guidelines.
Your welfare, and the welfare of fellow club members is paramount. Please note that it is the responsibility of all members
of Stratford upon Avon TTC to ensure that the following principles are followed;
• If you are showing coronavirus symptoms, or any of your household are self-isolating, you must stay at home and
not use our facilities.
• You must contact the club by telephone or email prior to attending if you or any of your contacts/household test
positive for Coronavirus
• If you wish to play, you must book your place at a session in advance by booking via our website
• You must register or sign in on arrival so that we can keep a track of who has visited the Club by scanning the QR
code which will be on the door available from next Saturday
Please be advised that your details may be shared with NHS Track and Trace in line with Government guidelines
• You must adhere to social distancing guidelines at all times
• Members must adhere to good hygiene practices throughout their time at the Club
• Equipment cannot be shared within a session. Players should bring their own bats, and any equipment belonging
to the Club must be cleaned after use.
• Balls should be washed regularly to minimise risk (this has been adjusted from the previous advice about using
different balls for each player)
• Players must play in bubbles of two
• Table tennis etiquette, which requires contact (shaking / slapping hands etc) must be suspended for the time
• There must be the minimum of a ten-minute break between groups of players
• Players must wipe down their side of the table upon finishing their session.
• Proper hand washing with soap (or hand sanitiser as a second best) should occur before and after any activity at
• Members must bring their own drinks bottles which are brought in and taken away every session.
*See Hygiene and Facility Guidance document for more information. TTE Guidance has said bubbles of up to six but we have decided to limit this to two in the first instance
Stratford upon Avon TTC is committed to the safety and welfare of its members. As such, we will take the following
• We will keep members updated with changes in processes or protocol relating to Club activity
• We will keep communal areas closed where possible until restrictions are further lifted
• We will implement a booking system to limit the numbers attending sessions to enable social distancing
• We will provide information on good hygiene practises
• We will do our best to keep up to date with Table Tennis England Ready to Return Guidance, and Government
• We will make decisions based on the best interest of our membership
• We will regularly review and update our risk assessment relating to COVID-19.
• We will share information with the NHS Track and Trace Service in line with Government Guidelines.
Chairman Kevin Taylor